VOLUNTEERING AT PMHC
Penndel Mental Health Center is proud and thankful for our friends, supporters, volunteers and benefactors because, without them, we would not be able to fulfill our mission. We welcome members of our community – our neighbors, friends and business “partners” – to assist PMHC in the important work we do. YOU can be part of our mission . . .
If you are interested in helping us help others, and you have time to donate, you can assist us in several ways:
- If you want to volunteer but you haven’t much free time, you can participate in some of our special initiatives and events like our Back-to-School Backpacks, coat drives, etc. You can also help us with our food pantry: Cares Cupboard. Individuals and small or large community groups can shop for food for PMHC’s needy families and then help us to stock our pantry and/or prepare bags for distribution. All of these efforts allow help us help our families in need.
- Likewise, if you can only be available on occasion, you can assist us with future fund-raising events and/or become a member of our Fundraising Committee.
- If you’d like to share a hobby or talent you have with others, you can volunteer to share your gift with the residents in our housing programs – like knitting, arts & crafts, music, cooking, etc.
- If you’d like more involvement, you can apply for membership on our Board of Directors. Check out the section titled “Board of Directors” under “About Us” on our website to get more details.
- If you have time to make a weekly or monthly commitment, you can volunteer for various office tasks and jobs at our clinic or administrative sites. We often have special mailings or projects that require an extra pair of hands and we also utilize volunteers for more steady and regular tasks in reception, filing, scanning, etc.